Monday, July 29, 2013

Numbers, Labels, and a Blanket! {Monday Made It and Must Have Monday}


It is a bittersweet Monday - the last Monday of freedom (for a while anyway!). Next Monday I will be back in the classroom for inservice days and the one after that I'll be starting my first full week with a new group of students! 
That all means I have been super busy creating and making things for my classroom! I'm happy to be linking up with Fourth Grade Frolics for Monday Made It!! 

I finally revamped the way I number the cubbies in the back of my classroom! The vinyl numbers I cut out were a much needed improvement over the little yard sale circle stickers I'd had on there before. 

The white vinyl doesn't really rock my world, but I'm trying to use up all of the vinyl I have before I buy more! I plan on using these to also help keep the cubbies clean. I think I'll make it a rule that the number must always be visible. Sounds pretty obvious, but every year I have those kids who will stuff that cubby full!

Before I got the Silhouette Cameo and was able to cut my own vinyl I used calendar numbers to label everything! I love those!


I also redid my 3 drawer organizer to go along with my new teaching assignment - all ELA this year! 

And finally I finished my denim and flannel blanket! 

My very tall helpers got some help from a gust of wind at just the right time and I got a perfect picture! I am really please with the way this turned out! It is really heavy - 8 pounds - so I was sweating by the time I got done trying to maneuver this thing through the sewing machine! 


Here is the back. I fell in love with this flannel sheet from the Company Store and knew it was just perfect for the back of my blanket. This will be the perfect thing for the colder weather! 

I'm also linking up for Must Have Mondays with Teaching with a Touch of Twang. 

Command strips hold my world together! If it weren't for command strips I would have nothing on the walls in my house and nothing in my classroom would actually stay up on the walls! They are one of my biggest must haves! 


10 comments:

  1. I second the command hooks! I have them everywhere! Love your blanket. It turned out great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blanket turned out great! Such a clever idea to use a sheet for the back.

    Jennifer
    Mrs. Laffin's Laughings

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your vinyl letters for storage - very cute! :)

    Catherine
    The Brown-Bag Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  4. The blanket turned out AMAZING! And I love the vinyl numbers, I might have to snag that idea ;) My classroom wouldn't be what it is without Command hooks. I even bought more yesterday! Thanks for linking up!

    Sabra
    Teaching with a Touch of Twang

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the denim and flannel blanket! So cute!!
    Bethany
    FabandFunin4th!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blankets came out super!!! Enjoy your last few days of summer :)

    Sarah
    A Sunny Day in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  7. So happy to find a new Grade 4 Blog to follow. :)
    -Lisa
    http://polkadotlessonplans.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm coming to steal the blanket....you better watch out!!!! Lol!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...