Friday, August 30, 2013

Sentences, Smart Exchange, Procedure Review Game, and More {Five for Friday}

Fri-DAY!! Woot Woot!! I'm lovin' knowing that this there is a long weekend and lots of fun time with friends a family coming up! But first, time to link up with Doodle Bug's Teaching.

1. We've been working on complete sentences this week. Here is a peek at our anchor chart. I took this picture before we added in our example sentence and then forgot the camera...oops! 
I've said it before - I'm all about a nice, simple anchor chart. And apparently a bad picture...haha!!

2. Do you ever forget about some great places to find teaching resources? Happens to me all the time. I just revisited SmartExchange this week and found some fantastic resources for subjects and predicates. The people posting on that site can do SmartBoard magic!! I {puffy heart} it. 


3. We've got one more week left on Raymond and Graham Rule the School. Here is a  a few picture from our visualizing activity this week. 


In an attempt to shave his almost-invisible mustache, Graham shaves off his eyebrow. Being the good friend he is, Raymond draws him an eyebrow, but it turns out to be more of a unibrow!

We're having so much fun with this book. If you'd like to take a peek at my activities for this book you can click here.

4. We spent about a week going over rules and procedures for reading workshop and our classroom library. Even with reminders every now and then, I still felt like we needed a little more reinforcement. I created these cards and we played "Pass" a modified game of Scoot where pairs of students sit around the room and we pass the cards around (creative, I know...haha!). 


5. A few weekends ago I accidentally baptized my Kindle in the tub! eeekk!! It did turn back on, but things were never really the same. Earlier in the week I ordered a new Kindle Paperwhite (aka Baby Kindle) and it arrived last night! It is great!! I'll be doing a lot of reading this weekend!


What are your plans for the weekend? 

5 comments:

  1. My SmartBoard is on back order and should be here in October. I can't wait! I'll have to check out those resources.

    Enjoy your weekend!

    Jenny
    Suntans and Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your kids visualizations! Enjoy your weekend reading on your new "baby"!

    Smiles,
    Sarah @ Hoots N Hollers

    ReplyDelete
  3. The page on that Kindle looks great! If I didn't *have* to share my fire with my kids, I'd love to have one of the paperwhites!

    Sarah
    MissKinBK

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with you - my anchor charts are pretty simple and straight forward. Enjoy your holiday weekend with your new "baby"!

    http://iteach2nd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the SMART Exchange. I have found such wonderful ideas on there!

    Hunter's Teaching Tales
    Find me on Facebook

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...