Sunday, August 4, 2013

VA is for Bloggers - Southern Hospitality Freebie Blog Hop


Hi everyone! It is a very exciting day - I'm joining in on my very first blog hop! A lovely group of Virginia bloggers would like to help usher in the new school year by extending a bit of southern hospitality. You can follow along the blog hop to visit 20+ Virginia teacher blogs for terrific teaching tips and fun freebies to help get your new school year off to a great start.



I've created a great Back to School freebie for grades PreK-6. Just print the tag, punch two holes, slide it on a glow bracelet, and let the fun begin! 

I plan on giving these out to the kids who come for Open House a few days before school starts. I think it'll be a great way to get them excited about coming back to school and create some buzz about the new year. 



These were actually tested by a 4th grader and 1st grader and were deemed "cool", so that's a go in my book! The best part about these: the Dollar Tree sells packs of 5 and sometimes 7 glow bracelets! That makes this a very low cost B2S treat! 

Just click on the picture below to download the freebie! It contains tags for grades PreK-6, so just print what you need. I printed mine on neon colored cardstock to match the bracelets. 




Head on over to Teach Love for the next stop in the hop! 








14 comments:

  1. This is adorable and definitely a PERFECT little treat for Open House. I agree that the kiddos need a little boost to get excited about going back to school.. just like we do sometimes!

    Target usually also has glow sticks in packs of 15 for around $2!! I have hoarded them in my classroom closet so I'm good to go for this goodie!

    -Caitlyn
    Fourth Grade Lemonade

    ReplyDelete
  2. So FUN!! I know the kids will love this--thanks for sharing!
    Karen :o)
    Mrs. Stamp's Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute!!! Thank you so much for the freebie :)
    -Julie
    The Techie Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute! I can see the kids loving this. Thanks for sharing.
    Carla
    Comprehension Connection

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fantastic idea! I definitely plan to try these! Thank you so much for sharing!

    Mrs. O
    Mrs O Knows

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome idea!!! I'm most definitely going to try this. Thanks for sharing.
    Yashika
    somewherebetweenfirstandthird.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute idea! My mom just gave me a bunch of glow bracelets, and now I know what to do with them! Thanks so much!

    Andrea
    Reading Toward the Stars

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are adorable!! I will have to head out to the Dollar Tree to pick up some glow sticks! The kids are going to love them!

    Thank you!
    Jessica
    Hanging Out in First!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cool idea! I think I have these laying around the house, actually....

    ~Heather
    The Meek Moose
    The Meek Moose on TpT

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the glow stick idea! Thanks for sharing!

    Mary
    Teaching Special Kids

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this idea! Thanks so much for sharing. This has been a fun blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cute idea - love it! Thanks for sharing! I'm glad I found you through this blog hop - I'm your newest follower!
    ღ Diane
    schoolhousetreasures

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...