Friday, June 13, 2014

Welcome to Summer Edition {Five for Friday}

This was my first full week of summer!! I wanted to stop in with a few picture updates of what I've been doing this week! 


Head over to Doodle Bugs Teaching and join up! 



Just call me the bag lady. My cousin and I started up a Summer Food Program for our community last year and we kept it going this year. Churches from the area pick a week to sponsor and they provide nonperishable breakfast and lunch items for the week in these grocery bags. The bags are picked up at specific locations on Mondays. This past Monday was the first drop off of the summer! I'm so thankful God has blessed us to continue this ministry! 




Let the summer reading begin!! How could someone have been reading this series since the first book came out 20 years ago?!!? I would've gone crazy by now wanting to know what happened. Thankfully I just started reading a couple years ago, so the wait wasn't too bad. Any Outlander fans out there? 




I decided on a theme for my classroom next year! Aren't these crazy bug by From the Pond adorable??

I'd already been thinking theme and this was on sale Tuesday and I just couldn't pass it up. Good thing I've got a start on it now because I have plenty of work ahead of me with the grade change. 


I also made a little trip to the teacher store to pick out borders to match the bugs. I decided to go with a double border (the blue has polka dots). I plan to use purple, orange, yellow, and pink for accents. I already have a lot of blue and green in my classroom, so I thought it'd be easy to work these in. 




The bestie and I had a little shopping trip to kick off the summer. Isn't she just rockin' that hat?!

She helped me shop for the summer food program (my church sponsors next week). 


We went to Sam's Club, so I had to check out the school supplies. I got 200 laminating pouches for $20.98 and 200 sheet protectors for $9.98. Pretty good deals I thought and that'll get me started on a few other summer projects. 




Ever wonder about color printing at an office supply store? I had all this printed this week. Check back tomorrow for a post all about it! 

What have you been up to this week? 


6 comments:

  1. I love how you are picking up and delivering food! Way to pay it forward!

    A Teacher Without A Class

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you are put a food program. That is fabulous! I can't wait to see what is in that color ink pile!
    Kelly
    MyFabulousClass

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhhhh another Outlander fan!!!! I'm jealous you've gotten the book! I'm hopefully going to get it tomorrow! I would die if I'd started reading these when they first came out. I started reading them 5 years ago and it's been torture waiting for this one! :)

    Haley
    Following Optimism in 2nd Grade

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've been productive! I'll check back...I've been curious about the COST of printing somewhere, especially in color.

    Jessica
    Literacy Spark

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE that you are involved in the food program. One of the churches in my community does food each week for kids at my school. My students deliver the bags to the kids every Friday so they have food for the weekend. I love that people are involved!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am a huge Outlander fan and DID start reading them at the beginning, so this one has been a long time coming! I'm going to have to go back and find a synopsis of where we left off before I read this one! Glad my students gave me a Barnes and Noble gift card…I know what I'm going to get now!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...