Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Printing on Washi Tape and Cutesifying Your Calendar {Tried it Tuesday}


I've not yet joined in on the Tried it Tuesday fun this month, so I thought today's post would be the perfect fit for Holly's link up. 

Yesterday I posted about my new teacher planner and I got several questions on my blog and on Instagram about the labels in the pictures. 


Not labels or even stickers. That is washi tape that I ran through the printer. It is a match made in heaven - washi tape and my favorite fonts!! Woo Hoo!! 

This was not my idea, so to get the whole scoop on how to do this you need to visit A Girl and a Glue Gun. While you are there reading the tutorial you should follow her blog. She is funny and so creative. I love to see all the neat projects she comes up with. 

It was super easy, so of course I had to do a LOT of it. I did find that it worked better on true washi tape (it's more like paper) than the Scotch Expressions Tape. Don't get me wrong, the Scotch tape is super cute, but it has more of a plastic, smooth finish and the ink rubbed off a little easier. 

What else do I use to cutesify my planners? 


More washi tape. This one was preprinted, so I used it to block out Christmas Break.


I like using washi tape in my EC Life Planner too. I use it to mark big events or sometimes just to make things pretty. Stamps and stickers to make things fun. The photo sticker and rectangle stickers in these pics are from EC, but I use all different types of seasonal stickers and just fun things I find here and there. I used to be a scrapbooker, so I like to use some old scrapbook supplies to jazz things up. I use mine as a sort of mini journal, so it's fun to add some color and personality to it. 
I plan on getting a little more creative with my teacher planner this year, so I guess that means I'll need to buy more washi tape. Darn.... 

Do you decorate your planner or calendar? What are you favorite decorating tools? 


5 comments:

  1. Oh...love, love, love...I'm definitely going to have to move in to your house now because of my spending habit on Amazon. Lol! hahahaha
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! I probably would just write on the tape with a sharpie pen, but I like that I could move the tape around without messing up my box! Genius!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute idea! Was it hard to line up in the printer??

    -Caitlyn
    Fourth Grade Lemonade

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this idea! I never even knew that was possible. I can't wait to try it out. Thank you!

    Mary
    Fit to be Fourth

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...